Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fortune Favors the Bold

Currently, I'm in Launceston, Tasmania. I live in Tasmania. Woah. 

About a year ago, I decided I would leave everyone and everything that made me feel content and comfortable to be with my boyfriend in Australia. Sure it gave me a mild panic attack and made me sad thinking about leaving my little sisters, but I made the choice based on love and not fear. I figured I am young, have little to no real responsibilities, and am in love. This was a choice to leave my very comfortable life in Hawaii to begin my life with the person who loves me and wants to build a future with me. 

This first week in Australia has been an emotional roller coaster. Im unemployed, in a new country, living with a guy, missing my family/friends/Hawaiian sun, and figuring out finances, but Im finally with my loving partner. 

Anyway, enough about my emotions. Ive been in Tazzie for one week. Nothing too exciting has happened...see below. 
Friday, 2/14: day of arrival aka valentines day. Honestly, it was pretty romantic to arrive that day and have Mark (the person previously referred to as my loving partner) meet me in the airport with a single red rose (hi, i won The Bachelor!). We had a happy hour(s) drinking his homemade beer. He prepared a wonderful dinner of salmon, which was cooked on his Boyscouts of America approved homemade smoker, and some sides.
Flirty red dress and double fisting beers on vday..very romantical.

Saturday: Mark did a clean up dive with a group of friends in a very small town about 45 mins north of Launceston. I didn't dive even though I am now officially a PADI beginner open water diver woop woop. I stayed on land and helped haul the garbage out of the water. 
Trash pulled out of the Tamar in George Town, Tas. Not romantical

Sunday: Mark and I made hot sauce because there was nothing in the grocery store that would satisfy my taste for spice. Ever heard of borrowing a cup of sugar from your neighbor? Well we borrowed a food processor and gave them hot sauce in return. No word on if the habeneros were too hot for them. Friendly neighbors though. 

Monday: I did laundry and had to hang the clothes on a line outside under the Tasman sun, because I live in the country.

Tues-Fri: I started reading "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without me?" by the very funny Ms.Mindy Kaling, job hunted on the internet and sent a bunch of emails, tried to find networking opportunities, and started a blog. 

Apparently, this evening we are going to an Australian Football match. From what I gather, it's like a mix of American football and rugby. I didn't Google it. I'll blog about the game next post. I'll leave you with this little gem...









No comments:

Post a Comment